Name:
Location: salem, Massachusetts, United States

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Welcome to The Art Corner's new Blog!!

(I really don't understand yet this system, so stumble along with me as I explore!)

Hi! My name is Wendy Snow-Lang. I bought The Art Corner in May of 2005. I'd been working as the store manager for the past 16 years. The Art Corner was established in 1977 by David Bacigalupo as an Art Supply store that also did Custom Picture Framing, butDavid quickly found out that the Custom Framing was more profitable and satisfying. David decided to cut out the Art Supplies in 1998.

But, after 28 years, he decided that he had had enough. Since I was his Right Hand Man, he gave me First Options to buy. I did.

I'm going to have to back-track here.

I REALLY love what I do! I'm an Artist. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from New England School of Art and Design. Designing framing for customers' pieces is VERY MUCH an extention of my Art Background.

MANY things have happened since David proposed to me--to sell me the store!! I'm ALREADY married--and have been for 22 years to Charles Lang, Artist Extraordinaire.

We decided that the store needed a MAJOR facelift, but the transition to the "new regime" would take MAJOR TIME, too!

One step at a time.

Customers have noticed--which is nice!